Homemade passion tea lemonade sweetened with agave nectar.
In my little corner of Georgia, it’s currently 80 degrees outside. Yes, in the dead of winter. I really can’t complain, though. These past few weeks of unseasonably warm weather have got me in such a great mood, so I decided to make my favorite drink to sip barefoot on the front porch in my rocking chair during the summertime (I really can’t wait for summer, y’all).
I was inspired by Starbucks’ popular drink, and I think it turned out amazingly well. The one difference is that I used agave nectar, which is a great natural alternative sweetener.
- 6 cups water
- 6 bags Tazo passion tea
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 4 to 5 Meyer lemons)
- 10 tablespoons agave nectar (add more to taste)
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil, then remove from heat
- Steep 6 tea bags in the hot pot of water for ten to fifteen minutes
- Discard tea bags
- Add lemon juice and agave nectar
- Stir well and chill in fridge until cold